Wednesday, November 4, 2009
I had a very interesting case the other night. I was scanning a 12 yr old girl's complete spine for scoliosis. While I was scanning her not only did she have the most drastic S curved spine I have ever seen, but then I realized she also had a synrinx throughout her entire spine. Each of my sagitals for the thoracic spine had to be done in two parts to stay with the alignment of her spine. My facility requires the technologist to scan each part of the spine in separate sections unless they are looking for metastatic disease. Also, since I discovered the synrinx I also had to inject. It is always a challenge to explain to any child and or parent the importance of the contrast for the exam without causing them to worry. I think even more of a challenge in this situation was trying to convince the young girl to lay still so I could just continuously scan without having to realign each scan up for her extreme curvature. She was watching a movie and didn't move at all during her test and injection. I was very lucky!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment