St. Vincent Health has decided to go with Eovist contrast for Liver MRI scans. We now have a new protocol where we inject early, run a few scans, but must wait at least 20 minutes before running our post Lava scans. There have been many of times where I would have to bring the patient out and sit in there with them hoping they don't move until the 20 minutes were up! This contrast is only for Liver MRI's and demonstrates the pathologies of the liver more clearly.
Today, I have a patient coming in for a Liver scan and I look forward to using the new contrast and protocol. What I am NOT looking forward to, is starting her IV. I guess she came in on Wednesday before Thanksgiving and no one was able to get her IV started. So, they must have all of the confidence in the world in me, because they re-scheduled her on a Saturday and I am the only one here!!!! I may or may not be doing her test! Luckily for me there is no one else scheduled after her!
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment