Wednesday, April 7, 2010
It is spring break in my town! So, that means we are super slow! I am not going to lie, I kind of appreciate it. The last six days I worked I scanned 42 exams! I feel like that is a lot! This week, we have finally hired a massage therapist for the MRI suite. So, when I go get a patient I ask them if they would like a complimentary 15 minute massage before having their MRI scan. Right off my scan room we have a comfort suite with a massage table, chair, and all of the amenities of a spa! Research has shown patients who receive massages before MRI have less anxiety and are more relaxed for their procedure. We were finally able to hire a massage therapist and she started this week! She also helps with assisting the MRI tech and acts like a patient care tech. This has been very helpful since we work alone and we also have the movie goggles to utilize. I have told her already, just putting in the movie and fast forwarding through the previews has been helpful enough! Now that we offer this service I have become the bad guy in the whole MRI experience!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment