Sunday, May 2, 2010
Now that spring break is over we are starting to pick back up. We are possibly starting a new contrast used just for MRA's. As of right now, we use a fluoro trigger method for capturing the exact moment when the contrast has filled the carotids or renal arteries. This is somewhat challenging depending on the patient. With this new contrast it actually clings to the red blood cells so the contrast stays in the arteries longer. This allows less venous contamination and allows a little more latitude when it comes to imaging. So, if my first scan doesn't quite capture the best image,then I have time to run another scan without venous contamination. I have been an MRI technologists for five years now and I still have butterflies in my stomach every time I do an MRA just for the reason alone you only get one chance! Now, maybe with this new product I will be more comfortable! I also was able to finish three more comps this semester and feel once again I have learned so much more about my modality. I feel with every class I take I become a better technologist!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment